Strategic Planning to Realize Opportunities for Investment and Accelerated Job Creation
Opportunities in the global clean economy are increasing at a rapid pace. HSBC Global Research predicted that revenues in the global clean energy sector alone could reach U.S. $2.3 trillion by 2020. Realizing the full potential of these opportunities requires vision, leadership, and careful planning.
Quantifying the available resources and opportunities available in a jurisdiction can help senior policy makers understand the size and scope of the economic potential within a particular jurisdiction. GLOBE Advisors has extensive experience performing comprehensive analysis on the clean economy for a variety of clients in both Canada and the United States.
Benefits of Clean Economy Strategic Planning
- Clearly define and help establish strategic goals and objectives to assess the economic growth potential of a region’s clean economy.
- Gather valuable insights on industry development and drivers for economic growth to structure policies and strategic directions.
- Assist jurisdictions to improve global competitiveness, reduce greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions, and maximize resource and asset usage.
How GLOBE Advisors Can Help
Our comprehensive approach to quantifying clean economy opportunities can include the following activities:
- Developing an “asset map” of core clean economy sectors and assessing market competitiveness of each;
- Developing baseline estimates and growth projections for revenues, gross domestic product (GDP), and employment in regional clean economies;
- Conducting an analysis of existing enablers and barriers to clean economy growth in the jurisdiction;
- Conducting a comprehensive review of local labour demand / supply issues related to the clean economy; and
- Performing gap analyses of existing and potential future clean economy market opportunities.