REACHING OUT TO THOSE THAT MATTER
Obtaining timely information from key stakeholders, clients, and customers is critical to an organization’s success. Organizations that take a proactive approach to understanding the needs of the people they serve and impact are the ones that succeed and adapt in response to changes in stakeholder attitudes and behaviour.
GLOBE prides itself on having a strong ability to reach out to various stakeholder groups through its networks in Canada and internationally in order to better understand current needs, overcome challenges, and excel in the “business of the environment”. GLOBE’s dedicated research team employs a variety of effective outreach tools and tactics in order to help organizations better understand what their stakeholders want.
BENEFITS OF STAKEHOLDER & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Promoting open communication between stakeholders and the organization in order to increase buy-in on initiatives and decrease stakeholder risk.
- Soliciting feedback from key stakeholders in order to better understand their critical needs, both now and into the future.
- Helping to promote an organization’s key messages with stakeholders through a variety of effective outreach tools.
- Improving mutual understanding, building trust, and establishing respect between an organization and its various stakeholders.
HOW GLOBE ADVISORS CAN HELP
- Accessing GLOBE’s comprehensive database of companies and organizations can assist in the identification of key stakeholders and contacts.
- Developing comprehensive stakeholder maps that represent the various interest groups and parties.
- Developing community engagement and stakeholder outreach strategies.
- Reaching out to different stakeholder groups and industry leaders through focus groups, interviews, and interactive webinars.
- Gathering stakeholder input for different socio-economic and market research related analyses.
PROJECT SUCCESS STORY
In 2014, GLOBE undertook a Clean Technology industry research project for the City of Surrey that included an online survey to GLOBE’s cleantech company database, as well as a number of in-depth interviews with a selection of leading cleantech firms in throughout the province of British Columbia.
Results from GLOBE’s outreach activities will be used to support the City’s Economic Development Office with its internal review of the existing clean technology incentive program and with the development of a comprehensive support program designed to attract, retain, and foster growth of clean technology companies in Surrey and the province as a whole.